When you’re planning your wedding, it’s easy to get caught up in the number of people you need to invite, the food and drink that you want to serve, and the attire that your bridal party will wear (among other considerations). But one thing that should be near the top of your list of considerations is finding appropriate Sydney wedding venue for your reception. This guide will walk you through some of the most important steps in selecting the perfect venue for your wedding reception, from checking out multiple venues to finalizing the details of your contract with them.
What to Consider When Choosing a Venue?
Choosing wedding reception venues in Sydney is arguably one of the most important decisions you’ll make when planning your wedding. The venue will set the tone and feel of your reception and has several other practical implications, including whether or not you’ll need to hire extra services such as security, lighting, sound, or cleanup. Here are some key things to consider when choosing where you’ll host your wedding reception.
- A reception venue doesn’t necessarily have to be synonymous with a traditional wedding hall. Many people choose more nontraditional venues like art galleries, botanical gardens, community centers, parks—anything that fits your vision of what would be beautiful and fun on your special day!
- When looking at venues, take into account how many guests it can accommodate (both seated and standing), how much time you’ll have for different parts of your reception (i.e., photos, dinner), if there will be outside space to use if weather permits, etc.
- If budget is an issue, keep in mind that some vendors may offer discounts in exchange for using their venue(s) exclusively.
- Think about food options: Do you want a plated meal? Buffet-style? Passed appetizers? It’s also good to think about what kind of service you envision: Hosted tables or stations? Open seating so guests can mingle freely throughout your reception area?
- Consider parking and accessibility: Where does guest overflow go if there isn’t enough room for everyone inside? And finally, do you care where your ceremony takes place, even though it typically happens before your reception starts anyway? Or do you only want your reception venue to be used during the celebration part of your wedding day?
Planning a birthday party is a question that how we decorate the area . Flowers and balloon used for decoration in any party any function. Balloon decoration for baby girl is preferred for birthday parties . Planning a wedding is full of questions like these. Be sure to ask venue representatives lots of them, especially since they often get paid by commission based on bookings; they’re just as invested in helping find answers to your questions as you are!
Ways to Save Money on Your Wedding Reception
Consider hiring an independent reception venue rather than booking space at a hotel. Independent venues often have lower fees, while hotels and resorts have steep markups on their catering costs. An independent venue may also allow you to hold your wedding ceremony and reception at two different locations, saving travel time and money.